View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:18 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Be sure that all benchmarks proceeded without errors.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info from Error Reporting from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Error reporting)
2) If benchmark failed, send your Log from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Logs)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

alexia
Post  Post subject: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:44 am

We followed the 3ds max installation steps (installation as administrator ...we moved AutodeskMaterial.dlt to the new folder) ... when opening 3ds max the system asks for it ... we skipped it
During installation we also set the 3ds max path.
we update our ndivia driver

Unfortunatly furryball does not appear in the drop down of the renderer list (even if scan light is used for material...). Additionally we observed that there was an error "unkown property: "hwid" in undefined" when clciking on the "more info" of the Furryball menu....
Attachment:
error.jpg
error.jpg [ 542.34 KiB | Viewed 15037 times ]

please help.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
System RAM: 8192MB RAM
DX Card(s):
+ NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (1024MB)
Cuda Card(s):
+ NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (1024MB)
DX ver: DirectX 11
Driver ver: 9.18.13.697
Driver Date: 10/10/2012 22:23:48

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi,
What about FREE version of FurryBall - it worked?

All the Best
Jan

alexia
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:48 pm

i did not try the free version ... why should i?

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi, it seems, that you have not correctly loaded FurryBall plugin. Please open Customize->Plug-in Manager, check if is loaded FurryBall.dlr plugin from FurryBall install directory (c:/Program Files/FurryBall4/plugins/3dsMax/2015 - 64bit/FurryBall.dlr). If not, please load it by right click into plug-in manager->Load New Plug-in...

alexia
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:38 pm

thanx... now I face the next problem...
1) when starting I always have the error messahe " FurryBall.dlr" missing
2) I start with "Basic Tutorial / FurryBall new material " ... after applying the material... my active shade render remains black. are there any sample 3ds max files with furryball material applied to it, to get started? I tried to reduce the size of my 3d object with no help...

alexia
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 pm

3) If I open a new (if I save a 3ds max file with furryball material this does not happen) 3ds max file, the plugin Info to Furryball is missing again and I need to add it afresh over the plugin manager....

alexia
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:58 pm

here the most simpliest test file I made, where active shade remain black! Unfortunaltly I need to solve this really soon so any help is more than welcomed!

Attachments:
File comment: 3ds Max sample file
FurryballTest.zip [28.23 KiB]
Downloaded 527 times
Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:06 am

Hi, please follow next (from documentation) to automatically load plugin:
Quote:
Add the FurryBall plugin directory into Max's plugin directory list using one of these methods
- Check Set 3ds Max plugin path in the installer during the installation
- Use the Set 3ds Max plugin path button in the Settings tab of the FurryBall application located in <FurryBall installation directory>/bin/FurryBall.exe or available through shortcuts created by the installer
- From 3DS Max menu select Customize -> Configure System Paths..., select tab 3rd Party Plug-Ins, click on Add... button select FurryBall install directory (default is: C:\Program Files\FurryBall) and change Label to FurryBall Plugin for example. Click on Use Path button. After that please restart 3DS Max.

Best Regards.

alexia
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:16 am

thanx... 3) is solved ... I still have problems with 1) and 2)

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Plugin installation in 3ds max  |  Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:05 am

Hi,
I tried your scene and it works fine for me.
What FurryBall version do you use? Are you sure, that you have FurryBall as interactive renderer? Do you try FurryBall benchmark after installation (you can run it from FurryBall application)?